Presenting Toronto’s first Tuba and Euphonium Symposium (TOTES) on 17 March 2018. This full day event will provide a platform for young tuba and euphonium performers across Canada to promote creative and innovative works of emerging Canadian composers.
- To give emerging low brass professionals a space to share their talents.
- To learn from established professionals.
- To help low brass musicians form a network and community across Canada.
- To establish Canada as a home for world-class low brass playing and composition.
- To make a massive contribution to low brass repertoire through commissioning, premiering and publishing new Canadian compositions.
- To inspire the next generation of low brass players.
- To showcase the musical potential of tubas and euphoniums to new audiences.
The day will include:
- Discussion panels
- Time to meet the performers and socialize